Sunday, January 26, 2014

moved back in for Spring semester

8:13 pm Pacific

Ugh, now it's cold when it was so warm this afternoon. Well, then again, this is in comparison to the East Coast; it's freezing there.
Spring semester is starting up tomorrow; my schedule got changed twice because sections got cancelled. Instead of Mon-Thurs class, with Tues and Thurs as my 8:30 am classes, I've got Mon- Weds, with Mon and Tues as my 8:30a classes. I've got to wake up at 6:30 am too just so I can eat breakfast before walking to the shuttle stop. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed at this inconvenience.
I guess I'm in a tired mood; I wish I had known about clearing our freezer out before winter break so I would have booked a flight back a day in advance so I'd at least have a day to get groceries rather than 3-4 hours. Then again, if my original time for Mon class didn't get cancelled, I'd have a few extra hours before the class...but sadly, the section got cancelled and I wanted to keep the Thurs and Fri free, after my original Thurs class time got cancelled and moved to Weds instead. This would give me a few extra days for end of the semester packing. Which is a whole other issue I still need to make sure I deal with.
Do I go to the storage place few streets down from the dorm? Rent a car and drive there....but I don't have a cali driver's license.... And for the next 4 semesters I'm here that'd be an issue. Even if my current roommate offers, she's on her 4th year.
Other original idea was to use something called College Boxes but ugh, it's expensive! Registration fee, type of stuff costs (their boxes vs other larger boxes vs luggage)...but there's pick up and delivery.
I just found a site with pretty bad reviews on College Boxes. Delays and increased costs,etc. And there were bad reviews on Public Storage, the storage facility a few streets away from my dorm. Increased costs and bad storage. Time to keep searching for storage facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment