Saturday, March 22, 2014

Forest on a Moon - 50 min speedpaint



One of the themes from today's selection of topics from the speed painting group I joined was Moon Forest. I was debating between this, Alien Mall and fanart but I decided against Alien Mall, because it'd most likely end up as a simple 1 point perspective with windows and a few alien like creatures, and against fan art because I had too many to pick from and was afraid I'd do little justice to the fanart. 
Honestly, in terms of realism, there couldn't be trees on our Moon and unlikely to be in such intact shape. Instead I made those craters of our moon, the source of the trees' nutrients. I wish I had spent more time on the tree detailing; I was able to get a little closer to a tighter drawing with the middle tree but I guess I need to speed up my thumb nailing process so I can move onto the details earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment