Sunday, March 23, 2014

Teens of Valor Chapter 1 page 10


Chaos within the communication as the threats and personal matters come between the heroes. 
- - - - - - 

Readers! You finally get some names of the heroes! I purposely didn't reveal them since I wanted them to be known to the readers as they read, rather than "this name" , "that name" mentioned here and there. I don't know if that was a good or bad idea, but I wanted to try something new for this comic overall. Additionally, how would you introduce tons and tons of characters without the cliched "I'm ..." or "My name is..." or "You can call me..."? As a result, I mention the characters in passing or dialogue rather than the characters introducing themselves up front. I do have one character that will attempt to introduce herself to the main character but fail to continue due to the character's fear. This scene isn't suppose to happen until much later on. 
- - - - -
I tried a different method for this week's page by drawing and shading everything in SAI then bringing it into Manga Studio for the panel boxes and text bubbles. Before this page, I would do everything in Manga Studio, which didn't really allow me much in terms of brush or shading (blending). 

No comments:

Post a Comment