Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Simple shape thumbnails


As part of an assignment, we needed to draw out composition thumbnails using simple shapes. For me, it was rather interesting since I usually don't abstract things when I digitally paint. The way I went around doing this was thinking of what shape I wanted the focal point and what tone I wanted to do the background in, since we are only allowed 4 tones, one of which had to be white. After putting down the focal point shape, I worked out from there. I don't know if that's a proper way to ever decide on a composition. Most of these thumbnails I really don't like or not sure if I would use them. I do have some nice ones, or so I believe. I guess I'll find out next class how the instructor feels about it, haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment